Department of Environmental Studies:
The Department of Environmental studies was set up in 2003 ,after the University Grants Commission made it mandatory that all undergraduates students must have an exposure to the problems associated with environment. Environmental Studies paper shall be taught during the first two years in any one of the semesters.
The vision and mission of the department are :
- Vision : The vision of the department is to see that every individual adopts behavior that reflect a commitment to a healthy, sustainable environment for future generations.
- Mission : The mission of the department is to inculcate environmental education which is essential to create a culture of sustainability.
The teaching fraternity of the department has participated in the seminars/conference /workshops conducted in and off campus .
Subject Description : This subject provides basic knowledge and understanding of how our world works from an environmental perspective. The study revolves around basic principles of ecosystem function; biodiversity and its conservation; human population growth; water resources and management; water, air and soil pollution; climate change; energy resources, and sustainability.
- Apart from the lecture method of teaching using black board and chalk,
- Teaching is made more effective and learning more interesting with the use of ICT aids like LCD projector to give power point presentations.
The staff and students of the Department OF Environmental Studies in association with other departments and nature club are involved in the following activities :
- Swach Mysuru
- National /International conferences on climate
- Plastic free campus
- Rainwater harvesting
- Vermi composting
- Paper Recycling
- Planting of saplings etc
Recently the Department celebrated World Environment Day on 19th June 2019 ,by planting about 80 saplings of various flowering plants at the sports ground of the campus.