ST. PHILOMENA’S COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), MYSURU-15
Professional Enrichment Program for Teachers
01-02, June, 2018
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Teaching is one of the most demanding vocations in the world and to fulfill their important roles with excellence, teachers need training, motivation as well as regular mental, emotional and spiritual rejuvenation. The fact that educational systems the world over recognise the importance of the teacher is often evident by the resources spent on teachers’ professional development. Building an effective model and mechanism that would develop and enhance the teachers’ capacity and provide them avenues for professional development is the need of the hour.
Professional development is the combination of educational and personal experience, which contributes toward competence and satisfaction in the professional role. The Professional Enrichment Programme consists of a definite plan of action that promotes professional growth at the College, department and individual level leading to an improvement in student learning and operations.
- THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ENRICHMENT PROGRAM:
This Professional Enrichment Program aims at trust building among teachers and facilitates them to realise their real potential in their chosen profession. The objective of the program is to promote one or more of the Institute’s Strategic Planning Priorities:
- Educational Excellence
- Evidence-Based Culture
- Resource Management
- EXPECTED OUTCOME:
- To understand and appreciate the professional expectations.
- To get engaged in understanding the nuances of teaching and increase the performance level.
- To reorient themselves towards the stakeholder’s vision, mission and objectives.
- To focus on new teaching-learning –evaluation methods which will ensure a dynamic, and participant –centered, multi-sensory learning format which is expected to accelerate learners’ acquisition of knowledge and skill.
- To promote experiential learning to mould the students into good human beings.
Under Graduate teaching faculty of arts, science, commerce, management and languages of St. Philomena’s College. (Around 75 teaching faculty)
|“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
– Nelson Mandela
VENUE: COLLEGE AUDITORIUM
REGISTRATION: 1ST JUNE ,2018 : 09:30a.m. to 10.00a.m.