- To Enable students to learn the use of nanomaterials in agriculture Which brings the reduction in the amount of spreading chemicals, minimize nutrient losses in fertilization and increased yield through pest and nutrient management.
- Enabling Students to Understand the growing demand and the need to literate and motivate young generation towards the field of Nanosciences and Nanobiotechnology.
- To educate the students about : Nanobiotechnology has the prospective to improve the agriculture and food industry with novel nanotools for the controlling of rapid disease diagnostic, enhancing the capacity of plants to absorb nutrients among others.
- The most important outcome of this guest lecture is introducing students to a new and advanced branch of applied science,. introduction to Nanobiotechnology and synthesis of nanoparticles.
- Students learnt to Amalgamate traditional research for Nano Science with advanced cutting-edge technologies for product development and manufacturing such as nano drugs, lab on chip concepts, etc.
3.Students learnt the use of Nanobiotechnology which enables plants to use water, pesticides, and fertilizers more efficiently.
4.students Understands Nanobiotechnology use may bring potential benefits to farmers through food production and to the food industry through development of innovative products through food processing, preservation, and packaging.
Subject : Guest Lecture on ‘Nanobiotechnology : A new Frontier in Agriculture’
Speaker : Dr Geetha N , Associate Professor , Department of studies in biotechnology university of Mysore .
Department of Biotechnology has organised a guest lecture on ‘Nanobiotechnology : A new frontier in agriculture’. Dr.Geetha N associate professor at university of Mysore department of studies in Biotechnology was the speaker.
Rev. Dr. Bernard Prakash Barnis , the Rector. Vice Rector Maria Xavier and Principal Dr. Ravi JD Saldhana graced the occasion.
Dr.Geetha N enlighten the students and staffs with nanoworld ,madam gave an insight of nanopesticides , nanobiofertilizers, nanopriming , plant disease management explained the methods of nanoparticle , its working . Dr Geetha N put a light on use of nanoparticle in the field of medicine , about the treatment of plant disease with nanoelements . Dr. Geetha N is versatile personality an inspiration for the blooming stars . The session was interactive to the budding scientist , they were excited with the talk .
Around 143 students on rolls were present with combination of biotechnology , chemistry , microbiology , biochemistry , zoology , botany , food science . Staffs of interdisciplinary departments were present and benefited by the lecture.
Dr. Geetha N was felicitated by the department of Biotechnology for her enormous contribution in the field of Biotechnology .
Coordinator: Ms. Naziya Habeeb M Convenor: Ms Milagris Antonius
HOD , Assistant Professor Assistant Professor
Department of biotechnology Department of biotechnology