In association with ” Family Planning Association of India” ( FPAI ), Mysore Branch with the help of Ms. Deepthy M J ( The HOD,BSW Department ) and Mr. Mathew C.
Location- FPAI organisation, N R Mohalla , Mysore Branch.
Date :- 28th January 2022 , Thursday.
Review of the day
The students of the first year BSW Department reached the organization FPAI , Mysore Branch by 10:30 AM on 28th January 2022 . The students were accompanied by the BSW faculty members- Ms. Deepthy M J (The HOD ) and Mr. Mathew C .The faculty supervisors and the students were heartily welcomed to the organization and the faculty members of the organisation FPAI communicated with the faculty supervisors and the students . The faculty supervisors handed over the permission letter from the college to accommodate the field work visits of the 1st year students in the organization . After the acceptance and granting permission for the field work visits of the total number of social work 1st year students ( 11 in number ) , the faculty supervisor handed over the money collected from the students in order to receive certificate after the completion of 25 field work visits . After the brief conversation and communication with the members of the organisation , the faculty supervisors , the students and the members of the organization came together for a photograph before departing.
The total number of people attended the programme :
- Faculty Supervisors of the BSW Department –
Ms. Deepthy M J ( HOD) , Mr. Mathew C .
- 7 students from 1st year of BSW
- 7 members from the organization including Branch manager -Mrs. Bindhu, programme officer- Mrs. Devika.
Objectives of the Programme
- To provide students the opportunity to work in a professional setting to develop skills in social work
- To integrate the theories and practices learned in and out of the classroom, to develop a sense of commitment to the social work profession and Code of Ethics.
- To provide the student with an opportunity for a practical, “real world” experience for the purpose of developing direct leadership, programming, and administrative skills sufficient to enter into a professional career.
- To give students the opportunity to take responsibility in addressing people’s problems.
Outcome of the Programme
- Fieldwork will enable students to develop their understanding of different perspectives on social, political or ecological issues, enabling them to clarify and justify their own values whilst learning to acknowledge and respect other people’s values.
- Fieldwork also allows the students to learn outside the classroom.
- Fieldwork helps in team building between the students .
- Fieldwork helps to understand a smaller version of work-life balance and helps them to understand formal communication .
● Fieldworks provide a foundation for future where the students learn to keep a healthy interrelationship with the organization and the fellow working members